1. Redwood City is working with artist Michael Koliner to debut three works of functional public art at local parks. And they are looking for volunteers in the community. Sign up here to help make adobe clay, work with the artist, help out with the kids workshop, and clean up. The final projects will be unveiled on October 25th.
2. Inman put together a great infographic on what the real estate industry needs to know about millennials. For example, millennials are the most racially diverse and educated generation. They also cite student debt as the biggest obstacle to buying a home.
3. Steve Fyffe and Michelle Joyce want to raise their family in the Bay Area, but like so many families are having trouble finding a place to live. They decided to make a documentary about Silicon Valley’s housing bubble. It’s called Million Dollar Shack.
4. “Brew Bikes” are now allowed on California streets. Governor Jerry Brown signed into law a bill allowing multi-person pedal bikes carrying beer. It will be interesting to see any of these pop up around town!
5. The third quarter of the year, closed with some interesting results in the real estate market. Check out our market update for all the details, and to see the numbers for each neighborhood in Redwood City.