There are a bunch of events in and around town this week! Check out our Five Things list for family fun, great deals, and a talk on negotiating.
1. The circus is in town! Zoppe Italian Circus showcases acrobatics, equestrians, and yes, clowns. The show is running Oct. 9-25 at Red Morton Park. Buy tickets here.
2. It’s not actually in Redwood City, but our friendly neighbor San Carlos is having an Art & Wine Faire this weekend. See all the goods and grab a glass of wine Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am - 6:00pm on Laurel St.
3. Ever wish you were more skilled at negotiating when it comes to shopping for a car, lobbying for a raise, or simply haggling over who takes out the trash? Margaret Neale of Stanford’s GSB is giving a talk on October 15 from 5:30pm - 7:00pm titled, “Getting (More of) What you Want: How the Secrets of Economics and Psychology Can Help You Negotiate Anything, in Business and in Life.” RSVP here.
4. The GFWC Peninsula Hills Women’s Club garage sale is happening on Saturday, October 10 from 8:30am - 4:00pm at 2221 Hopkins Ave.
5. The Magic Lantern Show is back for fall. Check out the 3D display on Tuesdays (except for October 13) from 7:30-7:45pm or 8:30-8:45pm.