1. Get ready for the heat at Redwood City's 8th Annual Salsa Festival this weekend. Public tasting runs from 12:00-5:00pm, but get there early to sample all the spicy goodness. There will also be live music, dancing, a children's play area and more!
2. Timber & Salt on Broadway is now open! The name is homage to both logging and salt harvesting, which both have a long standing history in Redwood City. We can't wait to check it out.
3. Greg Wilson's blog Walking Redwood City offers a unique perspective on the latest happenings in and around town. His posts are a record of his wanderings on foot through the nooks and crannies, historical places, and newest restaurants. It's definitely worth a read over a cup of coffee this weekend.
4. You've Been Flocked! Pink Flamingos have been popping up all over town, including on Dug the T-Rex's turf. Not only are they cute, they also serve a good purpose: raising money for Girl Scout Troop 30611. To donate money and send a flock someone's way, check out their Facebook page.
5. If you've been under a rock this month, you might not know that the City of Redwood City is testing out a pilot program on Farm Hill Boulevard to reduce speed by making it just two lanes. Residents have been up in arms about it since the program was announced. Now, the program may end early and it will be back to the drawing board.